A to Z Campus Map Directory
Athens State Logo
Current Students Faculty & Staff Tuition & Payments News Events Giving Human Resources Bookstore
Untitled Document

Disability Services Home

Getting Started with DS

Documentation Guidelines

Registered Students

Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP)


DS Grievance Procedure

Employee ADA Accommodation Procedure


Faculty Resources

Student Forms

Title IX Coordinator

Contact Us

Disability Services > FAQs

Q. I have been diagnosed with LD and/or ADHD for a long time, should I be retested?

A. By providing the most current assessment of your performance and abilities, we will be able to best meet your needs. Also, because the provision of all reasonable accommodations and services is based upon assessment of the current impact of the disability on academic performance, it is in a student’s best interest to provide recent and appropriate documentation. In most cases, this means that a diagnostic evaluation has been completed within the past three years however no student should delay requesting accommodations out of concern for not having the appropriate paperwork. Make an appointment with Jean Martin, Disability Services Specialist (256-233-8143) and bring all the previous documentation you have and we will work with you on whether or not it is in your best interests to be retested.

Q. I am already a student registered with Disability Services. Do I need to do anything to get accommodations again next semester?

A. Yes, students seeking accommodations must send the Disability Services Specialist their semester schedules each semester. This schedule indicates that the student wishes to receive accommodations again that semester and that Disability Services has the student’s permission to inform their professors of their accommodations. It is not done automatically. Semester schedules can be sent via e-mail (disability.services@athens.edu), by fax (256-233-8143), or in person to Disability Services. Schedules should include the following information:

  • Student Name
  • Student Number
  • Semester
  • Course Name
  • CRN
  • Date/Time of Class
  • Delivery Mode: DL- Online, DL-Blended, Traditional (Lecture)
Q. What do I do if I am transferring from another university?

A. Transfer students must go through the same processes as regular admitted students. It is recommended that you request your Disability Services records from your previous institution to be sent to Athens State University’s Disability Services. Please follow the steps for registering with our office outlined here.

Untitled Document

300 N. Beaty Street, Athens, AL 35611
Phone: (256) 233-8100

Stay Connected My.Athens.edu Athens State Online facebook Linked In
Google + you tube
Non-Discrimination Policy | Right to Know | Map/Directions | Contact Us
Web Privacy Statement | Copyright © 2014 Athens State University